Panther 135 trim/tilt question?

Not sure if I should be posting this trim question here but here it goes...

I don't have the manual for this model panther trim and can't seem to find it on the internet.

I have a 79' 70HP mercury outboard which has been mounted to a panther 135 trim/tilt kit.

Considering the motor is permanantly bolted to the panther trim plate "instead of the boat itself" should the manual "tilt pin" be locked to the lower unit so that the lower unit cannot come loose of the manual tilt pin?

I'm concerned if I hit something "rock" I will do some major damage to the foot if there's no give.

Does the panther have a "shock" mecanism built into the cylinder?

Thanks.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Panther 135 trim/tilt question?

When your engine is in fwd gear it is automaticly released by the rev. lock pawl so run it with the pin in place

If the lock pawl will not be engaged in the trim pin.because it's in fwd gear how is the electric trim beneficial considering the water will naturally trim the foot by forcing against it?

Is the electric trim designed to push the foot out further then what it would naturally do "with the water pushing against it" thus pushing the bow into the water and making the boat plain better?

Could you also claify if the two piston cylinders attached to the foot are there to prevent the foot from flying out of the water if a rock is struck at high speed given the trim pin is disengaged in fwd gear?

Thanks.

Laddies

Banned

In fwd the water is not pushing it's the engine pushing all the tilt does is adjust the transom angle

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The thrust of the engine will hold the motor down against the Panther unit.