115 mariner 6cyl auto oil mixture

suej

Recruit
after winterizing, my boat seems to be leaving a trail of blue smoke. starts fine, idles well, however when running seems to lose power and surge. thought maybe could be a fuel filter or an oil mix problem. where is the fuel filter and can i adjust the oil mixture, how? thanks
suej:%

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 115 mariner 6cyl auto oil mixture

Welcome to iboats.
Merc/Mariner forum.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Welcome to iboats!

Do you know what the serial # is? Knowing that will give year and model of motor.

suej

Recruit

eepks said:
Welcome to iboats!

Do you know what the serial # is? Knowing that will give year and model of motor.

1990 merc mariner 115 hp serial #08731499

Clams Canino

Commander

FIRST - remove the auto-oiler and pre-mix 50/1. Most of those early auto-blend systems have failed - yours is likely one of the next to fail - seriously. Just mix 50/1 and be done with it - please rip it out BEFORE you lose a powerhead.

Fuel filter outta be between the fuel pump and the carbs on the port side of the powerhead.

-W

suej

Recruit

clamscanino said:
FIRST - remove the auto-oiler and pre-mix 50/1. Most of those early auto-blend systems have failed - yours is likely one of the next to fail - seriously. Just mix 50/1 and be done with it - please rip it out BEFORE you lose a powerhead.

Fuel filter outta be between the fuel pump and the carbs on the port side of the powerhead.

-W

suej

Recruit

Hey W: thanks for the info, are these things upgradeable, I'm not really the handy gal with motors. I have no problem getting whatever repaired on the boat, just need to have an idea of what I'm talking about as I fear that most will try to take advantage of me. Does this model have this problem routinely, or would something else be possibly wrong. It has run great for me for the last 6 years. I don't use it alot, just for vacations. thanks so much for your reply
Sue