2002 MERCURY 125 NOT PUMPING WATER

HI YALL, JUST GOT THIS NEW BOAT AND THE PEE HOLE ISNT PEEING.ITS A 2002 MERCURY 125HP OB SALTWATER SERIES...I HAVE PLENTY OF MECHANICAL BACKGROUND BUT HAVE NEVER BEEN INSIDE A OUTBOARD BEFORE.IM ASSUMING THE IMPELLER IS PROBABLY BAD???DO I NEED TO GET A COMPLETE IMPELLER KIT W/THE GASKETS AND SEALS OR CAN I JUST GET THE IMPELLER? HOW MUCH OF A PAIN IS THIS GOING TO BE AND ARE THERE ANY SPEACIAL TOOLS REQUIRED TO TACKLE THIS TASK, THANKS ALO, ROB

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2002 MERCURY 125 NOT PUMPING WATER

You only need common tools. It's on top of the lower garcase. There's a nut under the trim tab above the prop. You have to remove the trim tab to get at it. Everything else is in view to drop ithe gearcase. Having a manual handy would be a very good idea, especially for getting it back on. If you go to Mercury Parts Express, you can print parts breakdowns to help you.<br /><br />You may only need an impeller and a gasket, but you won't know til you get the pump apart.

DEAR WILLY, <br />I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND WILL TRY AND LOOK UP THE WEBSITE YOU GAVE FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND A PARTS BREAKDOWN...THANKS ALOT, ROB

tommiesinc

Recruit

Robert<br />I have a 2003 same problem - it was not pumping water - at least very little water. I put the earmuffs on at home and no water was pumping. What was your resolution to your problem.<br /><br />Thanks