FeedBack on a 2000 175 hp Mercury efi

I am buying a new 22' welded aluminun fishing rig and I have the option of buying from an insurance company a 2000 175 hp Mercury efi this was a stolen recovery and looks near mint other than some scuffs on the decals and the cowling.It has 115 compression across the board!The price is good but I know nothing about big outboards other than that they cost HUGE!! to repair.Any feedback on any problems with this model of motor would be Greatly appreciatted!!!

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: FeedBack on a 2000 175 hp Mercury efi

Hi Kronic_Fisherguy sounds like a nice fishing boat your getting (envious sigh ), I'm a Merc tech here on the west coast and am a real fan of that motor that you may be buying. Its a reliable work horse and will do you fine. If you can get it to a shop for a check out its worth the hours time.<br />If you dont at least make sure you do the waterpump & gear oil & W.S.F.F before you go out in it. Also search this forum for problems other's have had. There are some real sharp cookies hanging out here.<br />Let me know where your fishing out of( I fish out of Cheanha Marina.<br />Cheers