Tracker nitro / Mercury Key switch wiring diagram

Nit640

Cadet
I need the wiring schematic for the ignition switch with push key primer on a tracker nitro <br />640 with a 75 hsp. mercury engine. I am not hearing the primer solenoids click when the key is pushed to prime the engine

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Tracker nitro / Mercury Key switch wiring diagram

I don't have a diagram, but I can tell you the colors of the wires and their function.<br /><br />Red or red/purple = battery + (red/purple is fused) to the B terminal (Battery)<br />Purple = key-on + to the A terminal (Accessory)<br />Yellow/red = start to the S terminal (Start)<br />Black = battery - or ground to one M terminal (Magneto)<br />Black/yellow = kill to the other M terminal (Magneto again)<br />Yellow/black = choke to the C terminal (Choke)<br /><br />Many Merc key switches don't use the same lettering as everybody else on the planet. They have A, B, C, D, etc. There I can't help, but those usually have the wires soldered on. If it has spades or screws, it probably has the code I described.

Nit640

Cadet

Thanks for the information. I can use it to troubleshoot my primer solenoid problem.

kpisan68

Recruit

Question - I have a pt175 and the boat shop putting in a stereo screwed up. I now have no hot from my red wire going to the start switch and all fuses on the panel are good, not to mention I need a new start switch. is there a hidden fuse from the start switch to the panel?

bigfshr73

Recruit

Does your trim and tilt work? The only fuse that the motor to the key switch has is inside the motor compartment usually around the silinoid.... The motor to the key swtich and binacle and guages should all be on there own wiring... accessories should all have another wire coming off the battery which is fused... and run up to the fuse block and then from there your accessories can should be plugged into there... if any boat shop does that any differently it is completly wrong.. The other problem you might have is that the boat is in gear which i hope you checked but believe me happens to people alot... Its not fun charging someone 60 dollars to tell them there kill switch is unplugged or there boat is in gear
-Kevin

pohlerpod

Cadet

Hi I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a nitro LX 640 90 hp.Merc. for the live well

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

That would be this one:

Announcement:-------------DO NOT reply to old threads or hi-jack new or old threads. Your reply WILL be DELETED. The old threads are for your information only when doing a search, and should not be resurrected. Click on this Announcement for further details.

pohlerpod

Cadet

OOPs!!! Thanks so much, I'm really new at this, Thanks for the info.

mercmandan

Recruit
thx for letting me on this site,I'm not the first one or the last that is asking for a wiring diagram.any help on a tracker T-17 50 merc. dealer has been no help said it's too old, 87 boat,89 motor thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Merc - This thread was started over ten years ago. Please start a new thread of your own with your questions. We prefer to let old threads sleep by not posting to threads with no activity for over 3 months. Look at the Help tip at the top of the page, Thanks.