90 h.p. Mercury oil sensor...

geezus

Cadet
Been through this before... on my 90 hp. The low oil sensor alarm going off. The first time was dry rotted oil lines when i first bought the boat. Second time was when I had to replace the whole tank or the sensor itself. Because it went bad. If I recall it was the whole tank. Am I correct ? ANYWAY.. things have been going great since I replaced the sensor. But, was putting my boat in the water last night and heard a faint squeel of that alarm about to go off by the throttle handle. So I checked the oil, and it was fine.And then the alarm went off 100%.. What are the other possible causes of this. I had the boat on the water just recently and no problems. What could go wrong in between that period and now.?? grrrrrrrrrrr :eek: !!!!!!!!serial number OB302405

geezus

Cadet
Re: 90 h.p. Mercury oil sensor...

I'll do some reading here, before someone has to type a bunch of stuff.. I just thought it was strange that I started out through the marina *no wake zone* and the alarm was wanting to go off, and then it started squeeling more often, and then 100%. Almost like there was a short in a wire somewhere. Maybe I'll just take the tank off, and mix my own oil !

achris

More fish than mountain goat

What sort of alarm? Beep, beep, beep. Or beeeeeeeeeeeep.<br /><br />One is low oil, the other is overheat. You could eliminate the tank sensor from the fault finding (or prove it's the cause) by isolating it. ie, disconnect one of the sensor wires and check for the alarm.<br /><br />Chris............

geezus

Cadet

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep !~~~~~~~~~<br />starts when you turn the ignition !!!! and doesn't stop !!!!!!

achris

Could be a shorted wire somewhere...<br />Or....<br />The alarm module has Gone To God....<br /><br />But definitely not the oil tank sensor!<br /><br />Chris............

geezus

Cadet

that's what i was thinking. Because it slowly started getting worse... when I first headed out ..it was barely ,chirpin !!!!! then "slowly" got worse ! Will check the connections out in the throttle handle... correct ?

achris

watermark.php
<br /><br />If you disconnect the tan/blue wire from connector 'o' and the buzzer stops the module or the temp sensor is at fault. If it still beeps then you're looking for a short somewhere.<br /><br />Chris...........

saumon

Lieutenant

Hi acris, i see that you scan some nice diagramms and place them on myfishingpictures.com, but i can't find them cause i don't know your member name on the other board.

saumon

Lieutenant

oh! i found it, it's mahi01.

achris

Saumon,<br /><br />I usually take them off after the people on this site have finished with them. Usually about 2 weeks.<br /><br />Chris...............<br />(Mahi01)