low water flow on my 135 hp Mariner

iam2blame

Recruit
I have a low water flow problem out of the pee hole on my 1995 135hp Mariner. I changed the water pump which still looked good. Then I changed both thermostats and when I did that I flushed the lines also. I still have a low flow which feels like fairly hot water. I have ran the motor for hours like this but I feel that I might be damaging the engine. I have no temp. gage but the motor runs fine in this condition. Is this Normal. I have owend other motrs but the pee whole seems to have much more power. The moter has to run for 5 min. with the bunny ears before water flows from the pee hole<br /><br />please help me<br /><br />thank you

mcginleyc

Seaman Apprentice
Re: low water flow on my 135 hp Mariner

hey this is a simple one and don't get worked up about the engine overheating. Different engines have different amounts of water coming out of the indicator hole at different temps. While operating that motor you should be able to put your hands on the cylinder head and hold them there for at least 3 seconds. This is normal operating temp. If you want to get technical, get a laser heat gun. Aim the gun at #1 cylinder. Above 163 farenheit is overheating. Under 125 F is a bad thermostat or no thermostat. Also most of the water comes out through the prop, the pee hole is only a crude indicator that water is flowing. Good luck