Mercury 125 spring prep

Seminoe Chad

Recruit
I didn't winterize my boat(I know shame on me). I did put Stabil in the fuel tank and put the motor down to drain it, but that was it. What do I need to do before getting it on the water, hopefully in the next 2 weeks. It did start after awhile after I went out and played with it over the weekend.

KCLOST

Commander
Re: Mercury 125 spring prep

Didn't winterize it, and you live in Wyoming!!!!!<br /><br />SHAME,SHAME,SHAME...<br /><br />Anyway, run the motor on muffs, check to make sure that the water pump is performing properly (it might be a good idea to replace the impeller if you don't know the last time it was serviced). Check for leaks around the water jacket gaskets (hopefully there wasn't too much water left in there to freeze and expand). Drain the lower unit oil and replace with new. <br />Go buy new thermostats if you're not sure they are working properly.... New spark plugs might also be in order. Fogging the cylinders won't hurt anytime (I bet your still freezing in Wyoming). After that you should be good to go...<br />Good luck.