1984 Lowe Pontoon pontoons taking on water, also need weight capacity for 50hp m

Gilligan1

Recruit
My pontoons seem to take on about 1/2 gallon water in each pontoon after a days use in the lake. I have thread tape on the screws on the back of them. Is this normal condensation because of the styrofoam inside or a problem somewhere? Also, It has a 50hp mercury motor and the boat is 24 ft long. What would be the max weght occupancy for passengers? It seems to slow way down w/ 4 adults(average weght individuals) :( :confused:

OhNoMrBill1960

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1984 Lowe Pontoon pontoons taking on water, also need weight capacity for 50

Re: 1984 Lowe Pontoon pontoons taking on water, also need weight capacity for 50

Hello Gilligan.<br />I have a 24foot Harris Flote Bote with a 50hp Merc Blueband on it and it does a great job. My capacity is listed as 15 people and I have had that many people on it. Ofcourse it is slower that loaded down but with 4 on it I think I could pull a skier along if I could get them out of the water. Sorry I don't have any knowledge of water in the toons. Unless perhaps yours is stored indoors out of the water and there would be a dramatic change in temp. Mine sits in the water all summer and I would be in trouble if it took on 1/2 gal a day. Good luck.