Mercury Shift Linkage

dgohmann

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1989 Mercury 100hp , 4 cyl OB. There is a plastic block that has a bolt running through it in the engine housing that connects the shift cable from the boat to the linkage on the engine. It slides back and forth on a track. Mine is cracked and I was wondering if anyone has a parts manual and can look up the Part no. for me. If any other info is needed let me know. <br /><br />Thanks<br />Dan

NathanY

Commander
Re: Mercury Shift Linkage

Do you have a serial number for that motor? That would be very helpful.

dgohmann

Seaman Apprentice

c102030 (0c102030 is how it shows up on mercury parts express, but they dont have the part listed on there) - its one of those Sea Ray branded engines. But Mercury none the less.<br /><br />Dan

NathanY

Commander

Ran that serial number and it came up as a Mariner motor. Still looking for that part.

dgohmann

Seaman Apprentice

Interesting... I have a Mercury owners guide booklet that came with the engine.. Mercury made Mariner though didn't they?<br /><br />Dan

dgohmann

Seaman Apprentice

Oh yeah, I have a picture of the part on the engine I can send you if you need it.<br /><br />Dan

NathanY

Commander

Yes merc did make mariner, but when I run those serial numbers it came up as a Mariner Sea Ray model. It is the same motor though.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Does # 6 or #9 look familiar in this picture?<br /><br /> web page<br /><br />Better View:<br /><br />
23_x222.gif

dgohmann

Seaman Apprentice

9!!<br />Thanks a bunch! how did you get it through that site?<br /><br />Thanks again<br />Dan

dgohmann

Seaman Apprentice

ARGHH! I see how you found it, tricky categories, and I wasn't paying enough attention because of it. But thanks again for helpin me find what was right in front of my nose. <br /><br />Dan