Bad mariner oil sensor?

eneubec1

Recruit
I have a 89' 75Hp mariner with a an oil injector system.Today the "low oil alarm" went off and never stopped. When I checked the oil level, the oil reservoir was full. I am thinking the sensor inside the reservoir is bad and I will have too replace the reservoir (the sensor is built into the reservoir). Is there anything else that would cause this problem that I should check before I replace the reservoir?<br />Thanks in advance :)

Walker

Captain
Re: Bad mariner oil sensor?

Unplug the sensor wire that goes to the tank. If the alarm stops then you've isolated the problem to that sensor. If the Mariner tank/sensor is the same as a Merc. then I suspect you are right in your thinking. I have seen several of them go bad. What happens is the sensor comes loose from the bottom of the float and even though your tank is full the sensor stays at the bottom.

DANNYS

Recruit

Will it hurt anything to run the boat with the sensor disconnected, as long as the oil is full?

douglas delurey

Recruit

The sensor on my mariner 60hp motor constantly goes off even though the oil is full and the motor is running good. What is the proplem?