90 mercury 75hp sting ray hydrofoil does not fit.

greddy09sc

Cadet
I have a 1990 Mercury 75hp. I have a major problem with the boat head coming up when I drive. I bought a STING RAY HYDROFOIL from academy but it is too small, it doesn't fit. No, it's not the sting ray junior either. Any one know of a place to get a fin for my motor?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 90 mercury 75hp sting ray hydrofoil does not fit.

They make a split fin. It comes as teo individual fins,that bolt onto the cav plate. However, I don't think it'll help much with a bow-high situation. It will bring you up on plane faster ,and put an end to porpousing, but if you are still high at the bow on plane, weight re-distribution may do more to cure it.<br />For sure, trim plates would,but that cost a bunch....Well worth it, but pricey.

crazyray

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 90 mercury 75hp sting ray hydrofoil does not fit.

the hydrofoil will cause you to have more lift at stern at a given trim setting......this will get your bow down....if boat characteristics have changed recently I would expect a change in <br /> a. bottom of hull<br /> b. wt in hull, or maybe water in foam in hull<br /> c. transom relation to hull.....<br /> d. does motor have T&T if not has trim pin been moved?<br />things don't change for no reason....investigate why and not just throw quick fixes at problem