1982 mercury 150 v-6 head bolt torque settings/sequence

mikeyc

Recruit
Will someone please help me on what the torque setting and sequence should be on a 1982 v-6 mercury 150 black max outboard with new head gasket.Any help would really be appreciated.

Re: 1982 mercury 150 v-6 head bolt torque settings/sequence

I suggest you purchase a manual....when you're as mechanically as I am - they're cheap compared to the 'rework'.... <br /><br />Hope this helps: (From the Seloc Repair Manual)<br />"Install and tighten the head bolts to Specifications in the Appendix (the specs for the 150 V6 head bolts are 35 ft lbs - check torque value again after powerhead has been operated for approx. three hours.) Tighten the bolts in three stages following the pattern given(here's where I prove I'm not an artist...forgive me)<br />TOP<br />10....9<br />.......<br />6.....5<br />.......<br />2.....1<br />.......<br />4.....3<br />.......<br />8.....7<br />.......<br />12...11<br />BOTTOM<br /><br />There's different torque specs for the '74 degree' block - so you need to make sure of yours..(the 74 degree block is 12.5 ft lbs)<br /><br />Good Luck........