KiekHaefer Mercury

jacksonceo65

Recruit
I recently inherited a boat and have little knowledge about it. The boat is a early 70's Silverline and has a Mercury Merc 300 and also says thunderbolt engine on it. The boat is an hour from here so I do not have the Serial # handy but would like to know the approx. year and HP on it. Also would be interested in websites were I could get more info on maintenance and the likes for this boat as it needs a little work to get it up and running.<br /><br />thanks

Trent

Captain
Re: KiekHaefer Mercury

Need more info as you know..What color are the stripes on the cowling (engine cover)

jacksonceo65

Recruit

We were just up there to day taking a look at it, and my son and I are at odds as to the colors. He says white and I say blue, however, neither one of us are positive on that. the entire motor is black and on the cowling he thought that there were White stipes on it. It could be a week or so before I get back up there to get it.

skier

Petty Officer 1st Class

The mid 60's were all black with a chrome like accent. The late 60's and early 70's had a red accent that faded to an almost white. Csn't tell without the #.<br /><br />Craig