mercury 115hp (water not pumping out of pee hole)

mcknightr

Recruit
Is there a water pump on Mercury 115hp, can not find it listed in parts on this web site? No water is pumping out of pee hole. :(

Down South

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: mercury 115hp (water not pumping out of pee hole)

Your motor does have a water pump. If it hasn't been changed in a while it would be a good idea to replace it. No water coming out the pee hole could be no more than trash plugging it. I cleaned out one on a Merc just the other day. If you have muffs, put them on and crank the motor. Take a piece of small wire and run it in and out of the pee hole while the motors running with the muffs on it. Most of the time if it's trash blocking it, it will come out.<br /><br />Good Luck

mcknightr

Recruit

thank u down south I will try first thing in the a.m.<br /><br />mcknightr

My mechanic friend once told me to blow(with an air hose or your mouth)into the tube at the outside of the motor :cool: while she is running and sometimes you can dislodge a piece of trash. Has worked for my 1986 90 hp Yamaha several times. <br />"Hey it don't cost nothing so why not try"

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

mcknightr <br /><br />Hint: Use the search, look for 'impeller' or 'pee'.<br /><br />This subject is very often discussed on the board and you most certainly will find useful info.