mercury sportjet 90 setting trim

RICHRICH26

Cadet
Thanks to the wonderful responses from my last topic I have fixed my bayliner jet jazz with a 90 mercury sportjet now I just need to tweak it a little. How to I adjust the trim??? Does the reverse gate need to be totally up and out of the way? I noticed there are two stoppers to adjust and 1 has a nice indention in it it is not from the cable so is the water pushing it up?? any suggestions would be appreciated

Ledif7

Cadet
Re: mercury sportjet 90 setting trim

I have a pic of the reverse gate, and it shows it just a little over the diameter of the rudder.If you go to your local public library you can order the book clymer mercury spot jet 623.8231 Clymer. 1993-1995

Ledif7

Cadet

Also be very careful if you disconnect the battery. I conected mines the wrong way and fried the switch box and voltage regulator. Had to spend about $ 300.00 unecesarry.

Thena

Cadet

Did you find what was wrong with it? I have rebuilt a mercury Sportjet 90Hp for a donzi 152 medallion and it doesnt go faster thatn 25mph<br /><br />The engine seems to work fine. I also checked the impeller and there is no damage.<br /><br />Any suggestions? <br /><br />p.s. How do you actually trim the engine because I have a real problem in getting the boat to plane<br /><br />Thanks

bluegrassmike

Recruit

Richrich26 I was wondering what exactly worked for your Sportjet as I am having the same problems.Poor speed ect...,

villaojs

Recruit

I have a Donzi 152 Medallion with a 90 HP Sport Jet engine. I was reading all your articles and have experienced the same problems. Right now my main problem is fuel flow. How do you rebuild the fuel pump?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

If you are having problems getting on plane check you have spark on all three cylinders using a timing light. Also, I suggest you change all the spark plugs as they can be bad and still look fine (I had this happen to me last week).<br /><br />Usually if you cant get on plane, it is due to a lack of power, and usually if one out of three cylinders is not working, that is enough power loss to have problems, but it will idle and sound fine.<br /><br />Ken