Oil injection question (Mercury XR150 Black Max)

huh

Recruit
Might sound like a weird question but how do I know if the oil injection system is working on my Mercury XR150? The injection system was unplugged when I purchased the boat and I've simply been adding oil to the fuel. I was told by the previous owner that the beacon that sounds when there's a failure in the oil injection system has been destroyed (he got tired of hearing it). There is an oil resevoir under the cab of the engine as well as a bigger one on the boat itself. All appropriate hoses seem to be hooked up right but how can I know for sure if it's working right? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Oil injection question (Mercury XR150 Black Max)

Welcome to iboats.<br />You will find the sender to be bad but---<br />If it were my Merc, I'd leave it unhooked, and keep mixing it in the tank. When these injection systems fail, it does a real number on the engine.<br />Why chance it? The first units produced (other manufacturers included) were HORRIBLE! It was one of the Q/C problems that put the last nail in Jonnyrude's coffin.<br />But this is just what I would do,facing the same dellema.