7.5 mercury throttle linkage 911 need help bad 911!!!!!!!!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: 7.5 mercury throttle linkage 911 need help bad 911!!!!!!!!

I saw your previous post, and pondered it for quite a while. How do we explain the routing here?<br />I thot a makin a pic of the one out in the yard, but it was too dark, and I have no idea how to post a pic here. I could've Emailed it, but do't know your email add.<br />But I'll try to explain it as simply as I can.<br />Under the cover,port side front, there is<br />a plastic pulley on a post. This acepts the two cables from the tiller.<br /><br />Turn the tiller control to WOT, and note which cable pulls-in. This will be the cable to connect to the outer-most (port-most)<br />cable point on the plastic pulley.<br />I tried. good luck.

mr.soffkee

Cadet

Thanks alot 12FOOTER! But my problem is on the other end of the cable. Where they attach to linkage coming from the throttl grip.hope you can understand what I mean. <br /><br /> thanks again

Calstender

Recruit

Appears info for these small motors is hard to find! I'm going to be messing with my 6.0 tomorrow. It's older than yours but may be similar. I'll try to figure out how mine works and get back to you. Later Cal

clanton

Rear Admiral

I live close to Inverness 352-746-1953, if you would like to bring the motor over here I may be able to help you.

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Got a fax no? email it to me. Along with the part numbers and I'll fax you some pages.<br />corm

mr.soffkee

Cadet

thanks you guys for help.I am truck driver so i may not respond right away.I have since got the cabels fixed. but the water pump was shot! So I replaced it. But only to find why it had went bad.I had to take the motor off the foot housing because there was a big pice of junk right at the base of the motor. <br />so now I need a gaskit set also had to pull water jacket cover to remove so more trash.SO<br />other then that I started IT when I first got the cables back on and it runs great.<br /><br /><br /> so cal,claton an corm thanks happy boating<br /><br /> p.s. I do have fax can't rember # have to wait until war department gets home.I need some breakdowns whole motor <br />if you have them.thank ya'll

Calstender

Recruit

Glad to hear you figured it out. I couldn't do you any good anyway, mine doesn't cables in the tiller. I can't get mine to start. Suspect the points are bad. Enjoy boating. Cal