Merc 200 flywheel removal

Fishin'Mission

Recruit
Seems as tho I'm having trouble removing the flywheel off the motor...it won't budge. Any tips on how to break it loose would be gratly appreciated. I already tried a bigger hammer!! Not really...but am about to!! Thanx... Mark

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Merc 200 flywheel removal

Assuming you're using a puller, try tightening it down, then strike the center bolt with a hammer. Sometimes that will break it loose.<br /><br />------------------

Fishin'Mission

Recruit

Tried that.....gonna try a different style puller. Musta been your post I read earlier. Thanx tho!!

kenthrussell

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi well i had some problems removing mine also ,are you using a harmonic balancer puller? , seethe problem is that the hub bottoms out on the bottom of the spline where it is tapered a bit, DO NOT remove the the 6 bolts around the hub unless you mark its location or you will have to buy another flywheel as theses are balanced together as i did and had to buy another.....good luck!

bombtrack

Recruit

I need my flywheel off also but there are no other bolts on mine. there is a nut on the main shaft but that is all.Is it possible that my 95 2.5/200 doesnt have the other bolts on the flywheel?