Water pump drawing/schematic needed 2000 25 HP Mercury

dgrimme

Cadet
First of all I am about to purchase a repair manual for my Merc, but in the meantime, does anyone have a drawing/schematic for a late model 25 HP Mercury water pump/lower unit they can email me dgrimme@peoplepc.com I need to get into this waterpump and fix fast! Leaking into lower unit oil! HELP!! Parts store was closed today (Monday), darn.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Water pump drawing/schematic needed 2000 25 HP Mercury

How do you know that water is entering through the water pump base?If you feel completely comfortable with that diagnosis then go to the local dealer and get a new base and o ring . Pry the old one out and install the new one.OOO, don't forget the gaskets.

ehenry

Commander

Wow, hard to believe that an engine that new is leaking at the waterpump base. I'd change the L/U fill and vent screw gaskets before I pulled the water pump base off. Also, check for fishing line wrapped around the shaft behind the prop. That can wear the shaft seal out quick. Just my 2 cents worth.

dgrimme

Cadet

The water pump housing is not sealed well as I can see water leaking from one of the four housing screws when I pulled the lower unit off and filled the water pump with water to test for leaks. My guess is that I should try to install a new O-ring and go from there (seals, etc) if the problem persists. Any other ideas??