Water pump kit for a 1973 Mercury 115HP

Dale18

Seaman Apprentice
Hello, Does anyone know what the part# for a water pump kit would be for a 1973 115 HP? inline 6

Dale18

Seaman Apprentice
Cool, Do you know the impeller part#? I do not want to order the wrong one. Thanks

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
The first one looks like a cheap Chinese knock-off. There is no manufacturer or part #. The second one is the one I would buy.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
You will want to replace the impeller, wear plate and the two gaskets that sandwich the wearplate. There is a kit for this.

Inspect the stainless steel insert in the pump cover. If it has scratches, replace the upper pump cover as well. There is alos a kit for this. Sierra makes both as does GLM and some others.

eggs712

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've seen cracked water pickup tubes on the last two impellers I've replaced on my inlines. Might be a good idea to order a kit with one.

Dale18

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for all the help guys!! This Iboats form has a lot of great guys with lots on knowledge for sure.

Dale18

Seaman Apprentice
Hello All,

I was changing the impeller today and noticed that the inlet tube is cracked down the side. does this have to be replaced and what would be the part# for the tube.

Thanks, Dale

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
If you are talking about the white plastic tube that guides the water tube into the water pump cover, replacements usually come with all water pump rebuild kits.