wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​​
​​​I am trying to see if I can get the water to come out of the peehole. Last year it wouldn't come out and I knocked a Mud Daubers nest off the top (see photo) and the water started flowing again. I took weedeater string and cleaned out the peehole as far as I could go. Then down by the Fin, at the bottom, there are the 6 holes on each side. I stuck wire in there too. But no luck. I saw a video where a guy (in Australia) had the problem and disconnected the hose on the motor that carries the water. It was blocked. I'm trying to figure out which hose on mine does this. I'm very inexperienced at boat motors. It's a major hassle to take the boat (out of the water) and to the repair place, to say nothing of the cost, so I'm doing what I can before taking that step. No running water at the dock. Could someone tell me if my picture shows the right hose? Any other tips much appreciated.Thanks

Last edited:

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi
a common problem if the engine was used in salt water then put into storage. Often there is no indication from the tell tale, come the new season.
Take the hood/cover off the engine. There will be an outlet from the head that relates and corresponds so the tell tale outlet underneath. Get some electrical wire and poke it up the tell tale with engine running. It should clear. If able to, remove the hose at outlet from heads of engine. Sometimes its hard piped, sometimes a rubber hose you can remove and clear.
Failing all this, it’s the impeller needing done.
But if salt water, try the old wire up the tell tale trick whilst running in the water.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Should have mentioned. To pretty much prove it’s just the tell tale blocked, run the engine on muffs and make sure cooling water is exiting healthy from exhaust (through prop hub from memory on that). This is where most of the cooling water exits.

Fredfloat

Seaman
Sorry, having much trouble editing and now replying
​ . It's fresh water and the boat just sits in it year round. I do raise the motor out of the water when not using it. No water comes out of the top hole. It used to, just not now. I made a picture asking if the hose is the right one to check for blockage. Thanks for the replies.

Fredfloat

Seaman
I don't see any of the pictures I uploaded? Still no closer to figuring this out.No more tips?