Engine need charging coil with Charging Kit? (S/N OT693703 2003 Merc 9.9 M 2 stroke)

NightAngler

Cadet
Hi all, wow this site is certainly full of people who know their stuff. My problem is Mercury parts stopped listing non-charge or light models of the 2003 9.9M (No lights, charge or Elect Start), as to exactly what parts are needed other than the common charge wiring/rectifier kit. From what I can tell after exhaustive research, is that a charging coil is also required and I cannot confirm it without first pulling the flywheel. I'm hoping someone here knowledgeable of this motor can tell me where to look for absolute info on if I need to spend the extra 200.00 for the coil or no. And, nothing is mentioned on the charge kit "62351A10" possibly needing a regulator as well.
Is there someone here who may be able to send me to a site that can give absolute answers? I have a solar panel, but the charge time is too-long while on the water and in many cases I'm not sure the SP control box can be connected while the battery is is being discharged?
Appreciate any help you can give..thanks.

Fun Times

Staff member