Can anyone help me.

Pitblind1754

Recruit
I have a 2014 60hp 4 stroke Mercury Outboard. About 3 months ago I changed the water pump, I had the weak pee stream of death. But anyway I fixed the issue. I haven?t had much time to take the boat out but I took it out today and the pee stream had a lot of pressure. Then as it got warmer it seems like it gets much weaker. So I got it home and would run it the very first time cranking up it would be hard pressure then once warm it would get week. Also when I first crank it up it takes about 10-15 seconds to get water to pee out. Also when I turn it off it pees for about as long. I have cleaned the discharge hoses and blew out with Air but seems to be clean. Can anyone help me thanks.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Welcome aboard Pit. You came to the right place for advice, Myself can't help much on this one, but if you could provide a model and serial number others will chime in and help out. I assume you changed the impeller, were there any blades missing? If so did you find them all?

Pitblind1754

Recruit
Welcome aboard Pit. You came to the right place for advice, Myself can't help much on this one, but if you could provide a model and serial number others will chime in and help out. I assume you changed the impeller, were there any blades missing? If so did you find them all?

I did change the Impellar no blades missing. I?m at work all day today so I don?t have a way to get serial number but I will update as soon as I can. But it is a Mercury 60 EFI 4 stroke

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Is this perhaps a thermostat symptom ?
Not an expert on the 4 stroke you have at all..but a fair number of outboards out there intermittently flow out the tell tale with thermo stat action opening and closing.
The reference you made when cold would suggest this.
Ideally get a heat sensor gun (cheap) and see what temp she shows.
Assuming the tell tale outlet lines are all clear of salt congestion ofcourse...

tommarvin

Ensign
Drop the lower unit, remove the water pump housing, are all the impeller vanes going the correct direction.
We have 115hp and the drive shaft/flywheel turn clockwise,looking down at water pump.
Is the keyway holding the impeller on the drive shaft. so the impeller is not spinning on the drive shaft.