carb linkage

Dirk Diggler

Cadet
I have included a pic ( i hop) of the linkage that I can not figure out where it connects. It appears to go under the flywheel somewhere, but can not see the location. The part number is #8 in the picture.

Edit: the model is OG928794

2333630-e4e0ed788790d9fe044f893a9ca6c708.jpg

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
No Title

It is the fast idle wire that pulls the trigger forward. Turn it sideways and put it through the slot just behind the ball socket. Than attach the other end to the fast idle lever.

Attachments

• photo281034.jpg
    photo281034.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 0

Dirk Diggler

Cadet
I'm not even remembering that part on my motor. Is it located under the flywheel?

At work, so don't have access to the motor, so bear with me.

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
No Title

You will see it when you advance the throttle it moves forward to advance spark.

Attachments

• photo281035.jpg
    photo281035.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0

Dirk Diggler

Cadet
Ok, that helps. I guess mine is hooked up correct.

I failed to see how that ups the revs when the primer knob is turned. I'll have to look it over closer tonight.

Many thanks
Kirk

Dirk Diggler

Cadet
I am a ware of that, it seems that the end of that wire does not advance the spark lever, unless my timing is stuck in the advanced position. I'll check later on tonight to see if this is the case. Will report back with results.

This motor seems to run very well, but I did just recently buy it and have not had it in the water yet (besides muffs).

I'm adding the toothed flywheel, starter and solenoid to obtain electric start. I wanted to get some of the basic maint. out of the way. (I'm done pull starting small outboards,I just turned 50)

This will be my 1st Mercury outboard. Previously been totally Johnson (5-6 over the years).

I appreciate the time taken to respond to my questions.

Kirk

racerone

Supreme Mariner
But the end of that wire does in fact advance the ignition at idle / warm up on your motor.-----If not you need to find out why !!

Dirk Diggler

Cadet
I checked out the motor.

The turning of the idle knob does advance spark, but there is too much play in the wire to make the idle increase lever move. There is no change in idle.

I'm wondering if the wire/linkage needs a sharper bend to shorten it?

If I get a chance, I'll shoot a video.

Other than this idle issue, in happy with the motor.

In addition, I did get the flywheel swapped out. Just need wire up the starter and solenoid.

Thanks

Kirk

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
No Title

I found that if you pull the primer knob out a little and then turn it you can increase the idle more. Do not pull it too far that it contacts the primer plunger. I know that is not the way it was designed but it does work for me. Over time plastic parts get worn/broken and have some play in them. The photo i have shown is my fast idle lever that is badly worn. Because it is worn so much, it barely moves forward while turning the knob. I did repair it with some JB plastic weld and it works better. But for really cold days I still need to pull out the primer knob a little.

Attachments

• photo281071.jpg
    photo281071.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0