Smart Craft Guage question

Andy1804

Cadet
Hi,
Mercury fourstroke efi 2008 100hp, currently has annalog guages rpm battery trim guage, i wish to fit smart craft monitor to engine, i have seen a yellow plug which says terminator with a smaller plug which looks like a 3 pin plug next to it, question is, if i plug a blue coloured data lead into the terminator plug will the smart craft guage work, or do i need something else to convert from annalog to digital, i have seen on ebay a command module, what is this for and do i need it to use smart craft guage.
Thanks

Chigwalla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If your engine is connected via a 14-pin cannon plug, you don't need a blue data cable because you already have SmartCraft data going to the control. On the control will be a 10 pin rectangular connector. Right now, you'll likely have an adapter harness plugged into it to feed your analog guages. Unplug that and plug in the tach harness (8M0055044) that you'll order with the guage if it doesn't come with.
You can also get System Link guages to fill the remaining holes in the dash and keep the look of an analog dash. They'll just daisy-chain off the SmartTach, easy peasy.

The command modules (CCMs) are for DTS controls only - if you have push-pull cables for throttle and shift (most likely), you don't need a CCM