Looking for a part number for tilt and trim motor

Bushrider

Cadet
The tilt and trim motor seems to have burnt out. Shop says it can't be repaired. I am looking for a part number but cannot find one. The engine is a 1989 Mariner, 150 hp. Any help appreciated! David

Chinpoker

Seaman
Hey bush if your in Ontario Canada I could send you to a guy I went to $120 cash

Bushrider

Cadet
Thanks for the replies. I was waiting to hear back from Mariner. Even with the serial number for my engine they could not guarantee me the part, as they had about 1/2 dozen different 150 horse engines at that time, and used a couple of different trim motors. Chinpoker, I am in Ontario, and would appreciate that name. Thanks in advance!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Where in Ontario ?----Serial # of your motor ?--May have something here.

Chigwalla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sounds like the dealership you talked to might be using the old pricebook and searching it manually. With the serial number, the new EPC will say exactly which one you need. The year isn't particularly relevant except in general terms and, unlike automotive, has little value in parts lookup.

Bushrider

Cadet
Thanks racerone. I am between Lindsay and Oshawa. Where are you? Mariner wasn't able to help me using the serial number though. The trim motor is the rectangle-based, rather than cylindrical, 3-wire, single-RAM. I can get you more info than that if there is anything else that would help.

Bushrider

Cadet
The serial number is 6409101. I wrote Mariner, and got the reply from marineengine.com
thanks again

Chigwalla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That serial comes up as a 1982 150 ELPT, originally sold to a fellow in PA in 1983.
Your pump is mounted inside the boat ? If so, check out p/n 99186T1 and see if it looks like what you've got. That number supersedes to 826729A10, which, given the price, looks to be a kit to convert it to the external motor.
Merc shows only the whole pump as an assy, with no parts available except a seal kit and the brush springs (no brush kit)
The equivalent Sierra p/n is 18-6273-1

If that's the right pump motor, you should have a 3-ram though...?

Unfortunately, I don't even have any junkers in the boneyard of that vintage to put my hands on. They don't last that long in the salt.

A pic would let us nail it down.

Bushrider

Cadet
Thanks Chigwalla. The pump is inside the boat, and that part you reference is the same one the guy from Mariner emailed me.
That is really interesting info you came up with on my motor! I just went through my bill of sale, ownership, and insurance, and none of them actually have info on the motor itself, but the boat and trailer both show 1989. I bought it from a guy just outside Cleveland, but he got it from a guy in Pennsylvania.

Chinpoker

Seaman
No Title

This is the guy I went to he's in Caledon give him a shout. Ad's on kijiji

Attachments

• photo281070.png
    photo281070.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0