Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no clue what you look for.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • xxxxxxxxm

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

howem1

Recruit
The pulley is loose and I wish to find out what is required to make it secure & stable.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard with a poll that makes no sense.

B̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶n̶k̶s̶h̶a̶f̶t̶?̶ ̶T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶m̶o̶n̶i̶c̶ ̶b̶a̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶r̶.̶
̶
̶I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶m̶o̶n̶i̶c̶ ̶b̶a̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶n̶k̶s̶h̶a̶f̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶e̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶u̶b̶?̶
̶
̶L̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶n̶k̶s̶h̶a̶f̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶l̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶n̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶L̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶u̶b̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶l̶a̶n̶c̶e̶r̶.̶
̶
̶

Never mind all that - took your motor to be a Mercruiser.

Starting over - What's the serial number of the motor?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I think the pulley is keyed to the crankshaft and the flywheel holds it from moving.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Better if this is reposted in the MerCruiser section, as a simple question. Also clarify whether the water pump pulley is loose or the lower crankshaft pulley is loose.

howem1

Recruit
The pulley is the lower one (not on the water pump). It says nothing about it in the MerCruiser Alpha One 3.0 L manual. The only thing in the manual is a picture on pg. 27 which shows a partial view.
If the pulley is keyed to the crank, do I have to remove the engine mount to get it in place?

Bondo

Staff member
do I have to remove the engine mount to get it in place?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Yes, behind the mount are the bolts that hold the pulley to the balancer,...