optimax

Ric110

Recruit
Hi , Can I get some help please,
I have 150 optimax mercury 2000 mod and it keeps stalling after its been running for a while at 4500rpm, I stop for a fish let say 1 hour then start it again put it into gear and it stalls .It's like I need to lift the idle up a notch but I know you cant because its set by the motors computer . Another thing that it's doing is after traveling for about 20 min at 4500rpm it starts to surges without my hand on the throttle control . Can anybody help me please .

alldodge

Staff member
Not an OB guy but sounds like your not getting enough fuel. Check the fuel filter and dump the contents into a baggie or something clear and see if there is anything there but gas. Next check fuel pressure. If boat info comes back up (its down right now) you can find the manual there to have a look

http://boatinfo.no/lib/library.html

tommarvin

Ensign
I would eliminate any fuel problems first, fuel tank clean,all fuel lines solid hard type A1, fuel water separator new ,on motor fuel filter new, VST screen clean and the tank clean, Clean fuel injectors and install a new filter in the injector.
If this doesn't fix the problem, does your motor have a malfunction indicator light for reading fault codes.
It sounds like a failing ignition part, when it gets hot it stops working until it cools down, then it works again.