help removing swivel tube on 50 hp 1999

Hi! first time posting here. Bought my first boat last year, a Quicksilver timonier 5.30mt with a 50hp 4stroke 1999 carb. A little bit underpowered but it is what it is...
Anyway i hit some rocks and blew ​the lower rubber mounts, now i have to replace the swivel tube but the shift rod is in the way and there is no way i can remove it by pulling it upwards were is some pics
I`m not alowed to upload pics...
any help?
thanks

Mercurylips

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You need 4 posts to be allowed to upload pics. Just reply and we can get there.

stikboyy

Cadet
the only way to remove the swivel tube and the shift shaft is to pull the power head and take apart the linkage and lift up on the shift shaft

wn6ngp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Once you fix those swivel tubes you would be wise to pull the lower unit and replace the water pump, especially if this motor has been in salt water.

hi! thanks for the answers ! today i ve removed the powerhead and the housing assembly will post pics as soon ive made 4 posts...Tthe hardest part was​ mouting the chain thing to lift the power head, all bolts came nicely considering its a 17 years old salt water motor.
tomorow will take more pics and start to work on the swilvel tube, put some wd40 on top and let it soak during the night.

besides the water pump i wil replace the water gromets or seals in the adaptor plate, is it worth the replace the seal on the drivshaft hole in the engine block?