40 Mariner Magnum 96 / No spark at plugs

Mr. Counts

Recruit
First outing on boat it just stopped 100 yards from the dock on the way back. Ran great the entire time. It was a bit rough out but on the way back it was flat and a no wake zone for about a half mile before she quit. Since it stopped running I am getting no spark at plugs. Batteries good and I have removed what I believe to be the kill switch wiring ( Black with yellow tracer) from power pack but still no spark. I hope someone has some suggestions. Thank you!

Mr. Counts

Recruit
I have ran my meter down some of the essential parts of the ignition system. I figured out that my killswitch is good. I determined my stator on what I believe is the low idle side is bad and is reading infinitum. My new question is can this cause a no spark issue? I also found my volt regulator to be discolored is an area. It looks to be that moisture has gotten inside and is rusting the board. Again, could this cause a no spark what so ever issue? Any help would be great. Thanks!

stikboyy

Cadet
Both a faulty stator and a faulty voltage regulator on their own can cause a no spark condition. How are you testing the stator. The stator windings should have some sort of resistence between the 2 wires and no continuity to ground.