2007 Mercury 90 hp 4 Stroke EFI fuel issue Boston Whaler

sailsup

Recruit
I bought a 2008 Montauk with a 2007 Mercury 90 hp efi 4 stroke. I has 90 hours on it. When I first started the motor each day I use it, it starts and runs fine out of the marina. When I bring it up on plane it comes right up no problem. About 30-60 seconds later it starts to bog down more and more till I bring it back down to idle. It will plane again but then repeat the same problem approx. 2-3 more times. By the last time I can keep the throttle up and it will push through and clear up. All lasting about 3 minutes. It will then run fine the rest of the day. All day, no problem. The problem wont start again till it sits not running for a few hours. I found the old fuel line had started to de laminate and I replaced it but it did not help. Fuel filters have been replaced. The disintegrating air filter has been changed although I wondered if that could have clogged an injector...?? Not sure it that was the case why it would come and go. I have changed the priming bulb and the bulb has never collapsed or felt empty. My trolling motor is t'ed off the main fuel line and I have by passed that as well with no change. Any ideas?

Fuel problem? Ignition?

​Please help and thank you in advance.

Last edited: