Mercury outboard has no power

scbby20

Cadet
I replaced the starter on my 2000 mercury 90 hp outboard. First time I used it all was well. Next time out, the following day I was having a few issues where it died when idling and when I shifted back to neutral it restarted without my turning the key. I then realized there was an issue with the ignitopn switch and it stayed in start when releasing the key and did not spring back into the run mode. Took it out the third day and it did the same thing so I made sure to manually put it back into the run position. Eventually it would no lpnger start and the starter would not evn click. I had to be towed in by a guy on a jetski. Now that I have it back at the dock there appears to be no power anywhere. The starter wont even click and the trim tilt does not work. I replaced the battery and checked the only 3 fuses I could find, they were by the starter, with a meter and they are good. I am at a loss as to what to check next. I am supposed to take a bunch of kids out for labor day and the shop says it will be 3 weeks before they can even look at it. Please help.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
You already said the ignition switch was bad, did you replace it?

scbby20

Cadet
I ordered a new switch, it won't be here til Friday. Would a faulty switch cause the trim tilt function not to work?

scbby20

Cadet
I ordered a new one that wont be here til Friday. Would a faulty ignition switch cause the trim tilt function not to work,

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Start at the battery and follow the wires to the motor and check for 12 volts at every point along the way.

Clean every connection as you go.