Help!! Mercury fuel line problems

Joseph91

Cadet
I recently bought a 1985 mercury black max 150 from a guy who had it stored in a building and he took at the fuel lines of and plug the inlet and outlet holes can anyone please help me on how they are ran from the fuel pump itself. I have found serval different pictures and ways they are ran but can't seem to find the correct way. Thanks for any advice.

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
Does it still have the oil injection pump or has that been removed and plugged off?

Joseph91

Cadet
The reason I am asking is because I have replaced both switch boxs and have a stator on the way and have replace the fuel pump and rebuild the carbs. On the muffs it idles and revs fine but when you put it under a load it'll only rev up to a certain rpm. And I'd like to make sure I have the fuel lines ran the correct way to make sure I'm not starving one or more cylinders for fuel.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Joseph, I think you need a service manual, before you go any further. Mercury Stators have low and high speed windings and bias circuits, to control the spark advance. Your issue could easily be spark or fuel or timing or rectifier or possibly other issues.

Joseph91

Cadet
I have a manual for the engine. But I could find a drawing of the fuel line layout in the book I found the vacuum line layout but not the fuel line.

Joseph91

Cadet
I have found the timing specs for the engine in the book also would the specs still be the same if the idle stabilizer has Been removed also.

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
Have you checked the timing with a light? If you get a serial number for the motor, I can try and get a fuel line diagram for you. But definitely check the timing to see if its set to spec.