black max oil alarm module.

redjmp

Chief Petty Officer
I have a late 80's black max that started beeping when running.
Found a replacement but the color and length of the wires is different.
I believe that the original module was 41470a3 but the one that I got to replace it I believe is a 41470a12.
I was led to think that this would work but need help with the pinout for the a12.
Cant find a diagram anywhere for it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dukedog

Captain
what is leading you to think tha module is bad?.. what are colors on a12?.. continuous beep or oscillating beeps?

where did you get tha a3 number?... not showing in any merc v6 parts list i have access to?

Last edited:

redjmp

Chief Petty Officer
I pulled the blue sensor wires and still beeps quickly.
I have seen a3's advertised for 135hp v6's that look just like mine.
Mine has a long green lead, a slight shorter purple lead, and a yet slightly shorter tan/blue wire that all travel over to the opposite side as well as a short white, black, blue, and blue/white wires.
The a12 has 3 long white/black leads, a slightly shorter purple lead, an even shorter white/blue lead, and short gray/white, green, and black wires.

Dukedog

Captain
a12 is for first year efi motor.. little different.. only one that has those color wires.. any of tha other oiler modules should be same as yours... a11 for example... later modules do away with tha long green (rotation sensor) going to a switch box, which could be your alarm also, though.. if rotation is tha reason for alarm ya need ta do some investigation.. two reasons for that to alarm.. one is bad switch box, other is bad oil pump drive gear....

do you still get tha self test beeps when key is turned on?

think tha only place for a dia. showin' tha a12 is a 220 laser ('87/'88) oem manual... which i do not have.