1976 Mercury 1150 Trigger Resources

charakel

Seaman
Hey guys.. I suspect my trigger is going. I can get it started and idling fine but as soon as I give it gas for WOT it bogs and it seems like it is not firing on all cylinders. as you go sometimes it cuts in and out, defiantly noticeable that is trying to fire on all but its not. Does anybody have some good resources for trigger replacement?? I have heard of Dr. Franken Merc on other forums??? Thanks for any cheap info :)

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Testing / inspection is what you need to do !!---Also these motors are notorious for idling real nice.----But often they will bogg down if too lean.----A simple " no money spent trick " is to open the low speed mixture needles 1/4 turn at a time to see if bogging goes away.

charakel

Seaman
Testing / inspection is what you need to do !!---Also these motors are notorious for idling real nice.----But often they will bogg down if too lean.----A simple " no money spent trick " is to open the low speed mixture needles 1/4 turn at a time to see if bogging goes away.

When the term bogging down is mentioned, I can describe my bogging down as cylinders kicking in and out type of feeling? Example would be going WOT and going as if your in a car playing with the foot feed, up and down, up and down. kicking in cutting out.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Testing is what YOU need to do !---Hook up a timing light to # 1 cylinder and take boat for a spin.---Observe the light and see if there is an ignition miss.----Repeat for the other 5 cylinders.