Question on 20HP Tiller Conversion Control Box

DocTide

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I am nearly finished with my tiller to remote conversion for my 20HP merc 4-stroke (2014 or 15; OR625541)

I am confused about which control box to purchase. I am pretty sure the 881170A4 will fit, but it is roughly $50 more expensive than the 881170A8. I am not trying to cheap out completely to realize I got the wrong one, but here is the scenario:

Boat is 12.5ft long. Manual Start, not power trim/tilt. I cant seem to figure out the difference between the A4 and the A8, aside from the fact the A4 comes with the remote kill switch attached to it. The engine itself will be close enough for me to wear the lanyard so I cannot see how this would be a worthwhile upgrade over the A8.

Does anyone know if the 15/20HP models use a different shift and throttle cable? Could the difference be the connections for the cables are different?

For reference, the kit I used for conversion was
[FONT=&quot]880095A12, I omitted the new carb and the electric choke solenoid. I am still looking to try and get the choke level out front again to use it the same as the tiller.

Any advice would be great before I purchase the control box within the next few days.[/FONT]