1994 2stroke 60 hp mercury tracker pro series

Bobby1984

Recruit
I purchased a 1994 21 foot sun tracker with a 2stroke 60 hp pro series motor on it. The motor cranks and runs good the problem I have is the boat get to a speed just fast than you would go in a no wake zone when you try to go faster the motor seems like it's doing everything right put the boat doesn't go any faster the motor has been gone through 2 time I took it to one shop and they put a new clutch in the prop and went through the carbs and told me the boat is good to go I took it out and it still won't get up to speed I took it to another shop they went through the motor they charge me for going through the lower end of the motor I took it out and nothing has changed I bought the little wing thing that goes on the bottom of the motor the speed doesn't change when you lower or raise the trim the guy I bought it from told me it goes faster than it does someone told me to make sure the shift cables are no backwards but I just thought that that would just make the shifter backwards any thoughts on this I'm running out money taking it to all these shops with no results