1992 75HP Mercury Recommended Maintenance & New Parts

SouthCarolina1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So my grandma has a house on a small lake that only allows a max motor size of 75HP. She sold my grandpas boat after he passed but just bought another boat and it lands on me to take care of it. She bought a 1992 Sea Ray 160 with a 1992 75HP Mercury, serial number 0D211927. The boat/motor are in perfect shape and everything functions flawlessly but if anything ever goes wrong her first call is going to be me, 4hrs away. To prevent any issues/failures I have already installed a new water impeller kit part # 43024A 3 and changed the oil in the foot. Is there any other parts you recommend I replace?

If it was my boat, due to the age and it being a Mercury I would delete the oil injection system and premix but I could easily see one of my cousins or grandma forgetting to premix... I am considering replacing the oil pump to prevent the oil injection system from failing. What do you think?

Basically I would rather spend a few bucks now to prevent me from having to come fix the motor! I have already gave my grandmother the run down on ethanol free gas, quick silver premium 2 stroke oil, etc made a check list for her.

Attachments

• photo267171.png
    photo267171.png
    684 KB · Views: 0
  • photo267172.png
    photo267172.png
    660.2 KB · Views: 0

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The oil pump is really well made.------The failure risk is the plastic drive gear on the crankshaft.-------Also replace the hose from oil tank to oil pump.