97 mercury 175 efi 2 stroke issue

Im new to boating and new to boat operation so this might be a simple question but im not sure if my assumption of what is causing my issue is correct

I have a 1997 mercury 175 efi 2 stroke that initially fires up right away, idles fine, and runs great however, after trolling for a few hours with the trolling motor i try to fire the engine up and it just turns over like im not getting enough gas to the engine. The past 2 times ive taken it out it always did this the 3rd time i tired to fire the engine and always worked the 1st and 2nd time. I noticed the bulb was soft the 3rd time and didnt seem to fill with gas as i was pumping it with the key in the off position. I could usualy mess with the throttle and get it to idle and then run but yesrerday i couldnt get it to fire and had to troll with the trolling motor 2 miles back to the dock.

I should mention that i bought this boat in kansas and brought it 3000 foot up in elevation to colorado and i replaced the ignition switch (as i lost the key i had the first day) and put a new prop with a lower pitch so i could get the boat to plane. My issue happened with all of the original equiptment as well.

So im wondering whats causing this issue whether it what i think is pressure in the gas tank or something more serious?

Any help would be appriciated!

Thanks,

Corey