1990 135 Mercury V6, What does this hose/connector go to??

Glastron_V210

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi all. I have a new to me 1990 135 V6. It has a hose with what looks like a coupling connector on it protruding from just above the lower unit. It looks like it should connect to the power head somehow.

My father guessed it was a breather for the crankcase, so I extended it into the cowling. At planning speed, water comes out of it and tries to fill up the cowling. Not a breather!!!!

I'll post a pic or two, but based on the description does anyone have an idea what it is? I believe I found it in the manual, but it says 'hose' and 'connector' with no other reference. Not much help!!

Chay

Glastron_V210

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not sure its clear from what I posted, but I'm pretty sure the line is items #3, #4 in the manual page. I can't find anywhere else to show where it connects in the manual so I'm stuck.

The real life pic is from the front of my engine. The vertical item is the shift shaft I believe, and the tube is the one that is sort of diagonal (It's loose), and you can't quite see the connector, but it's a plastic coupler to allow another line to attach to it.

Thanks for any info,

Chay

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
It is the pitot for the speedometer. Leave it open or cap it off if not using a speedometer.