Power trim 79 Mercury 90 HP

Olson1917

Recruit
I have recently purchased a 90 HP Mercury motor along with the boat it came with (79' Crestliner Crusader) and when i tried using the power trim all it would do is click, so I decided enough was enough and took the whole trim motor out. Now I cannot find anywhere that sells the replacement trim motor.Please help me find a place that sells the replacement trim motor! Thank you very much!
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/571/Wj2wNA.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/936/BdtK0v.jpg
Here are some pictures

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
They used to be available from ARCO. Not sure if they still are. You would buy the motor and upper reservoir as an aftermarket assembly.

The tricky part is that ARCO made two units that looked identical. However, one of them had a shorter armature, that would not drive your pump.

You could also take the ptt unit to a Auto starter shop. They might be able to fix it up.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
You may have had just a bad Solenoid, dirty or corroded connections or wires. As Chris said an rewind shop might be able to help.

BTW... Welcome to iboats

merc850

Commander
Have you tried putting 12v to the motor either the blue or green wire 12+ and 12- to the black. If it turns the problem could be the solenoid; I took one apart cleaned the contacts and screwed it back together after sealing it.

Olson1917

Recruit
You may have had just a bad Solenoid, dirty or corroded connections or wires. As Chris said an rewind shop might be able to help.

BTW... Welcome to iboats

I called Mercury and they do not produce these anymore sadly

Olson1917

Recruit
Have you tried putting 12v to the motor either the blue or green wire 12+ and 12- to the black. If it turns the problem could be the solenoid; I took one apart cleaned the contacts and screwed it back together after sealing it.

I have tried this, yes

Olson1917

Recruit
My location is Minnesota, and I do not have the service manual for this boat as I bought it at an auction