Mercury 90 hp optimax

hans100

Recruit
Hi!
I have an Mercury Optimax 90 hp 2008.
​I will change the gas filter. Does anyone know where to buy the tool to open the plastic over the filter.
​Br Hans

hans100

Recruit
Merc

Mercury l

Hi I have an Mercury Optimax 90 hp 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fun Times

Staff member
Hi there, welcome to iboats!

I noticed on your other topic that you were wanting to post some photos but couldn't. I believe the system requires new members to have 3 or more posts before being able to do so.

With all the new topics you were creating all over the forum without much written content, it seems you were trying to figure things out...To help keep the confusion down to a minimum, I merged two of your other topics into one which will be post number 2 above. Because they are merged together the system still considers them two separate posts/topics which will allow you to have 3 posts total right now so it should help you with posting photos. Please try to keep your question regarding this engine in question here...Should you have another engine model too, then feel free to create a new topic for that engine model. The following link should help with a how to post photos, Photo Upload Tutorial

Regarding your question about the gas filter, do you happen to have your engine serial number handy. It may help some find some sort of answer for you...Possibly with finding the correct fuel filter and having an image search online to try and understand what you're describing as to needing a tool to open a plastic cover. I personally don't recall anything like that at the moment but maybe someone will chime in that's ran across something like this.

Thank you and good luck.