Need help with 87' mariner 90hp 3 cyl

Kjaquis

Recruit
Hey guys new to the forum. Any advice would be much appreciated. I took my boat out of storage put fresh non ethanol gas in the tank and went on a 2 day camping and fishing trip. She ran perfectly the entire time. A week later I went to go out laker fishing started the boat on the trailer, backed off and docked it. After parking my truck she would not start at all. Took it home and tested the spark and it was perfect. Next test was compression 120, 120, 115. Top to bottom. Finally gave it a squirt of gas in the carbs and it fired right up and idled. However I pulled the plug wires while it was idling and there was absolutely no change in idle when I pulled the bottom plug wire. Carbs are off getting cleaned as we speak. Any other advice? Oh and the reeds looked clean and intact but there was a bit of gas and oil in the air box. Thank you!!!

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Spark must jump a gap of 3/8" or more.----That would be your next test to do on bottom.---------Carburetors are often cleaned as a first step and then many times it is a " still runs the same " question.--------If you are paying to have them cleaned it gets expensive in a hurry.

Kjaquis

Recruit
Spark jumped a 3/8 gap no problem. A buddy is cleaning my carbs so he shouldn't charge me too much, I'm just hoping the motor is salvageable. Definitely can't afford a re power this summer.