1994 200 XRi no fuel

willp2

Seaman
Hello, I'm trying to start up my '94 XRi after sitting for a couple of seasons. Replaced filters, changed spark plugs, sprayed some WD40 in each cylinder (did when storing also). New fuel, fuel lines and filters. It's getting spark, but no fuel. There is some 2 stroke oil in the cylinders when I pull the plugs after turning it over, but no gas. So turns over plenty, but never fires.

I really am trying to avoid any big work on this as I am just trying to get it running as I have someone ready to buy it as long as it runs. Doesn't have to run great, just run.

Any advice on how to get this thing going, and hopefully without tearing everything apart?

Thanks for any advice

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
I'd start with a small gas tank and different hose to see if it runs then,..

If it does you have a problem with your fuel line from your tank,...

willp2

Seaman
That is actually what I am doing. Brand new 3 gallon tank and hoses. Wanted to rule out the old fuel tank in the boat.

Dukedog

Captain
does tha electric pump run?.. should cycle a few seconds when key is turned on then shut down unless motor is started....

willp2

Seaman
When I give it power, I hear sort of a ting ting ting sound for a few seconds. Hard to describe, almost like an old oil can, but very quiet. So quiet that I can't recall if that sound used to be there in the old days when I would run this thing.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Pull the drain screw on VST and pump bulb to flush.If no fuel comes out when pumping, the inlet needle in VST is stuck.