Mercury 175 V6 - Bogs down under load

Dukedog

Captain
if tha vent is stopped up usually tha blub won't pump up or will suck it flat and stay that way..........

The boat stood for a long period,i did remove the carbs and cleaned them,new fuel as well,once under load i re prime the bulb a few times ,the motor regains all her power and performs normal

Dukedog

Captain
i would check tha anti-siphon valve jus ta be sure.... hard ta really get a grip on tha problem ona computer.. one thing i do with a fuel delivery problem on any carb motor thats really hard ta find is install a small (low pressure) electric pump and relay... seems ta cure justa 'bout all "unknowns" with fuel delivery.......this elliminates tha mechanical pump and bulb........... jmo.

I finally installed a 4 psi elec fuel pump,she starts up fine,when warm, it seems the idle ondulates,could this be from the new elec fuel pump,or spark plugs fouled?

Dukedog

Captain
have never seen/had that problem at idle so it would be a guess but pump shouldn't be tha cause........

Thanks for your quick reply,could it be that i now installed a elec fuel pump,i need to adjust the idle down?
it on or just above a 1000 rpm

Dukedog

Captain
try 8 ta 850 in gear...adjust with idle timing screw only... thats more than tha book calls for but that's jus my preference for production motor...........

Hi,I finally got the chance to launch on Monday 17 April,The 4 psi elec fuel pump,made the difference,no more bogging down,i now only have a irregulated idle,i did clean the plugs well before going out,any light on this?