Mercury 175 V6 - Bogs down under load

Mercury 175 V6 outboard,when under load it bogs down,i prime it and it acelerate normal, I have replaced the fuel filter,Fuel lines,rebuilt the fuel pump,I notice that my prime bulp(new) softens after priming before starting up,

Any ideas?

alldodge

Staff member
What is the motor serial number, going to need to look it up?

Hi i did the test by installing a T-Piece inline with the fuel line post fuel pump ,pre fuel filter,psi reads at 1.5 psi,on idle,when i prime to see if the bulb has gone soft(which it did)the reading goes up to 2.5 to 3 psi,which according to the manual is ideal,obviously you were correct that the problem lies within the low pressure part of the fuel system,Tomorrow if weather permits i will do i vacuum test inline with the pulsehose,to see what vacuum it draws,i will keep you updated,may i ask when starting up my outboard there is quite a bit of smoke,even thru the telltale a bit,is this normal?

alldodge

Staff member
Wish I could be of more help, I'm not an outboard guy and was hoping another would come along with my comments

Anyone else that can shed some light on my problem,

Mercury 175 V6 outboard,when under load it bogs down,i prime it and it acelerate normal, I have replaced the fuel filter,Fuel lines,rebuilt the fuel pump,I notice that my prime bulp(new) softens after priming before starting up,

Any ideas?

Dukedog

Captain
1. change bulb to "new oem".. if that doesn't work...
2. remove or replace anti-siphon valve at tank (if one is present)

Dukedog

Captain
something "didn't take" then.. anytime you can pump tha bulb and improve performance its gonna be in fuel delivery of some sort... after pumpin' tha bulb, how long will tha motor run correctly before ya repeat?... have you done anything to tha carburetors?.. some of tha wmh's have a problem with tha needle seats backin' out...