2013 Mercury 4 Stroke 9.9 wiring diagram

I picked up a 2013 Mercury 9.9 4 stroke remote start to use as a kicker for trolling. I am going to be using it along with a Garmin TR-1 autopilot. I am fabricating a shifter to switch from neutral to drive but need an ignition. It has the 14 pin wire coming from the motor and I was going to buy a wiring harness. My plan is to only wire a Mercury ignition to it and tape off the other wires. My issue is that I need the wiring diagram for the newer Merc outboards for the ignition. I'm hoping that someone here can come to the rescue with this one. I appreciate any help that I can get.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Unless I'm understanding wrong.. Why wouldn't you just purchase a side mount control w/proper control cables? 881170a12 would direct connect to your engine w/o an adaptor harness and the ignition is built into the control. Plug and play.

I was just looking to save some money and time with the install. Do you know if that item number would plug into the 14 pin female on my motor?

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
If you see a 14 pin on that engine you're looking at an adapter harness. Your engine will have the engine amp type. I have pics but it won't let me upload I'll try later.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Your 2013 9.9 should have the amp nnector type since around 2005. Before that it was the traditional 8 pin type.

I think that what you see as a 14 pin on your engine is actually already an adapter harness. Like the one in my picture.

881170a12 will direct connect to the engine amp connector. If you want to use the adaper harness you currently have on there 881170a16 would work but will be more expensive by about 25 bucks. If It was me I would get the 881170a12 control box, get rid of the adapter harness you have currently and save myself 25.00. Mercury is updating their control boxes to a new style so there are lots of good deals on the older "style" side mount control boxes. This is if your 9.9 doesn't have power trim Alsoif it's actually a 2013Often someone thinks it's one year and it ends up being 10 years older. Also these control box comes with 15' power harness so if you need longer/different let me know what you got. Give me your serial number too.