mercury cdm module help

dooda7

Recruit
Hi all,
I am new to the forum so a quick hello to everyone :)
I have a mercury 30 hp outboard serial number 0g070639.
I have a failed CDM module and i am currently chasing a replacement unit in australia. Unfortunately my local mercury supplier has been less than helpful so i am now searching online suppliers.
My question comes to the actual part number, the failed part number is 822779a7 (all be it being hard to read) but there seems to be a lot of supercessions to the current number 827509a6. My local supplier is telling me this is a cdm conversion kit and i cannot run this conversion cdm module with the other original module installed.

I am myself a mechanic and from what i understand with the capacitive discharge module i dont see using the new conversion kit and the old module being an issue.

So my question is has anyone got any idea if i can use the new part number with the second cylinder still having an old module. Or if there is any aftermarket sort of options for replacing these cdm modules?

Greatly appreciative for any help provided and looking forward to being a member of the forum.

Best regards
Tom

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Did you try the CDI site? CDI stands for Capacitor Discharge Ignition and the site has lots of good info on the subject and parts.