Mercury 150hp Tilt/trim pump motor replacement

CraZyNOTRT

Recruit
I need a replacement tilt trim motor. Having a hard time finding parts. Need help finding part numbers.
pump is the one with the square motor.

I think its a 1983-1985 Mercury 150hp v6
engine serial number 6443561

also need replacement hoses

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
OK, The 1985 Merc 150 has several PTT trim component options. It looks like it was the changeover year to the PTT "between the transom brackets", with the square pump.

When you ask about hydraulic hoses, it makes me think you have the round pump/reservoir installed in the boat. So I am confused on what you need.

Sierra likely makes a square PTT pump for the "PTT between the transom brackets". They used to make a round motor+upper reservoir for the PTT installed in the boat. I would look at the crowleymarine site and get some part numbers and google them.

wrench 3

Commander
If you're right and you have the Eaton square motor, I make it a mercury 99186. It can be replaced with either of these http://www.iboats.com/Mercury-Marine...view_id.467084. The combination of pump and motor is the only way that the original can be replaced. If those look like they would work, the Arco is a direct replacement were as the Sierra is a kit that changes it to a system where the motor can be replaced by its self should it fail again.

BTW Sierra still has the motor for the pump mounted in the boat, part #18-6763.

Last edited:

CraZyNOTRT

Recruit
from my research I found out its the old oildyne pump part number 92459A4. found a replacement on ebay.

But, I am still having difficulties finding replacement hoses. part numbers 89024A 1 and 89024A 2

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Just trying to help. What makes you think that there will be new hoses for a 30 year old motor, with an unusual PTT system?

BTW the hoses on my '77 Merc lasted until I got rid of it in 2008. I had to tape them up, as the rubber fell off, but they never leaked....

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
If you have the original hoses take them to a hydraulic shop and they can take ends and make new hoses

CraZyNOTRT

Recruit
Just trying to help. What makes you think that there will be new hoses for a 30 year old motor, with an unusual PTT system?

BTW the hoses on my '77 Merc lasted until I got rid of it in 2008. I had to tape them up, as the rubber fell off, but they never leaked....

These old motors are pretty popular and still high demand for parts in my area. these old mercs are almost impossible to kill. I don't think mine are leaking yet, but i haven't used my boat in almost 3 years (transom rebuild). Rubber on hoses is falling off and underlying hose feels dried and brittle, won't last much longer in Texas weather.

If you have the original hoses take them to a hydraulic shop and they can take ends and make new hoses

That is a pretty good idea. Might just end up doing that if it not too expensive.

CraZyNOTRT

Recruit
I'm pretty sure the hoses are available from a dealer.

I am a poor man and cannot afford Stealer (dealer) prices. Anyways, I went with Faztbullet idea, and had them rebuild at a hydraulic shop. All 4x hoses were were done for $190 and took a little less then 1 hour.